Monday, May 9, 2011

Water for Elephants

I am sorry for the delay, but my first post was deleted before I had the chance to publish it.

I read the book almost a year ago and have not had the chance to review it. However, I do remember liking it quite a bit. I appreciated the details the author included about the circus and how wonderfully she brought it to life. However, I did not feel the same way about the book's character development; none of the characters felt real to me. As a result, Jacob and Marlena's relationship seemed almost fraudulent. I wonder if it would have been more realistic if the author included inner dialogue from Marlena. Something along the lines of her vacillating between remaining faithful to her husband or fostering her relationship with Jacob. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment