Sunday, May 8, 2011

water for elephants--oh, Rosie

okay, I have not finished the book! so I'm jumping the gun responding but I wanted to post something before we moved to the next book selection. Look, I'm half way through and I'm not sure I will make it to the end. the only character I care about is Rosie. Jacob is a twit. Marlena has no depth and August is you basic run of the mill bully. and, I agree with Lindsey, if I have to spend anymore time with the cranky old Jacob, I might hurt myself. okay, all kidding aside...the title of the book is "water for elephants," so why not spend more of the novel focused on Rosie and Jacob or Marlena saving her from a life of abuse. why doesn't Jacob go and grab that hook from August???? I think I'm going to go see the movie and hope for a better outcome. sorry to be such a downer about the book. I hope someone loves it and can make me see what I'm not seeing in the writing. anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment